Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Quick Update

  • Still out on sick/vacation leave. I don't seem to be getting any better.
  • Da Kane means "the man" in Hawaiian. Kimo and Maile are common Hawaiian names - so all my pseudonyms are HI in origin.
  • I lived in HI for 5 years in the '90s and da Kane and I got married there. My favorite place in the world is the Big Island of Hawaii. Perhaps some day I will live there again.
  • Ob/Gyn appt tomorrow. We will do an NST on Maile and discuss what the heck to do about my cold/congestion/strep - whatever the heck it is.
  • Maile seems as active as ever. She just likes kicking my butt I guess.
  • Da Kane and Kimo seem to be recovering from their Strep bouts just fine. Lucky guys.
  • I got a new rocker/glider/recliner for mother's day for the kids' room. I'm SO EXCITED! The first year of Kimo's life I walked around with a sore neck most days from dozing off with him in the middle of the night. Now I won't have that particular problem!

1 comment:

Deby said...

Ah, thanks for the lesson! I knew Kimo was Hawaiian (I looked it up!) but couldn't find Da Kane anywhere, just da kine and I knew that wasn't what I was looking for! I've visited Hawaii twice in my life and have only been to Oahu and Maui. Both are beautiful.

Happy belated Mother's Day and how wonderful your rocker/glider/recliner sounds! I'm sure all four of you will enjoy it!

Hope the doc finds something that will clear up your ailment. Gotta be well when Maile makes her appearance!