Pages

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Diabetes Slump

I'm just in that place where I don't really care, I just want to eat what I want to eat. I already can't drink, have cut my caffiene drastically, get heartburn from nearly everything I do eat (how the hell do you get heartburn from a damned donut?), and am pretty uncomfortable. I have another 12 weeks to go. I don't really want to have a string cheese and an apple for a snack, I want a Payday bar. I don't want peanut butter and honey on sprouted wheat bread for breakfast - I want a sausage, egg, and cheese croissant. How about some jellybeans?
This is awful because I *should* be oh-so-motivated because of the baby. That's why it's taken me 2 weeks just to own up to it enough to write this post.
I'm up to 18 U NPH at dinner and 10 U at breakfast to try and stay in range. My A1C is going to blow this month, I'm sure of it.
I guess the way to get back on board is to start journalling my food and meal/snack planning every day in advance. *sigh*

3 comments:

Lyrehca said...

It's posts like these that make me appreciate being type 1. Can you increase your insulin rates to eat more? I don't know much about type 2, but would your doc's office be able to advise?

Anonymous said...

((hugs)) hang in there, sweetie

Mom O Matic said...

Are you working with a dietician? What a struggle, hang in there!