Pages

Monday, June 11, 2007

38 Weeks, 2 days

I have been negligent in posting again. I shall resort to bullets yet again.
  • I went out on medical leave 6/1.
  • This is good, because as of today, I am finally starting to feel a little better as far as the sinus/cold/respiratory infection goes. Remember these started in early APRIL.
  • This is bad, because it cuts into my yearly FMLA and I feel guilty.
  • Maile is just fine. After all my endless debating about a VBAC, I am scheduling a c-section for next week. I seriously doubt she will spontaneously appear before then. I just want to have a baby, meet her and get on with respiratory recovery!
  • Maile will be "substantially larger" than Kimo was. Kimo was only 5 lbs, 3 oz. I smoked with Kimo (no flaming please, at least I finally quit Jan 2006), so this is no surprise to me. My ob/gyn says he doesn't believe smoking was why Kimo was so small -- my ob/gyn smokes. Do you see a "Da Nile" connection there? I sure do.
  • I am massively uncomfortable. When I arise from sitting or lying down, I walk like John Wayne for at least a few steps while Maile figures out she can't break out with my cervix shut like this.
  • My chest gets tight like my old anxiety attacks almost daily. Fun Fun.
  • I am still 0 cm dilated, but 60% effaced and my cervix is "soft". These are no indication of when labor might start.
  • The guest room still isn't finished. The laundry and assorted other tasks are still behind. I don't care one minute, then feel horribly guilty the next.
  • My sugars are all over the place. I'm trying to stay on top of it, but it is so hard for me to maintain any kind of "diet" when I am home with basically no schedule.
  • Haagen-Daz Raspberry Sorbet is TO.DIE.FOR. If I ever entertained, it would be so good with some fresh raspberries with it. It is hell on blood sugar - 26 grams sugar per 1/4 cup, but what a taste treat!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweetie, don't forget to let us 3fc chicks know what day the c-sec is. We all want to be able to send prayers and hugs.

Love ya!!!

justme said...

WOW! nearly there!